Cybersecurity is crucial to digital marketing hence dealing with security threats in cyberspace is essential for success in digital marketing which is an online business. The cornerstone of any online business is security. The primary objective of any form of online marketing business is to connect a business or organization with its target audience via digital channels. This paper identifies strategies put in place for a successful digital marketing business in the midst of incessant cyber threats. Online survey was used to collect data from those involved in one form of digital marketing or the other. This includes social media promotion, mobile phone advertising, content marketing, influencer advertising, third-party merchant marketing, search engine optimization, paid channel advertising. Usable data was collected from 680 participants who were members of a Facebook group of 34,000 digital marketers. The data gathered was evaluated using (SPSS). Responses from digital marketers indicated major cybersecurity threats and the different ways digital marketers have been able to explore them were exposed. Download full PDF
Keywords: Security, exploring, digital marketing, strategies, cyber-threats, online, social media, advertising
- Gaikwad, M. and Kate, P.H. (2016). E-marketing: A modern approach of business at the door of consumer clear. International Journal of Research in Commerce & Management, 7(9), 56-61.
-  Zimmer, S. (2017). Marketing. Marketing — Research Starters Business, 1-4.
-  Roberts, S. D., and Micken, K. S. (2015). Marketing digital offerings is different: Strategies for teaching about digital offerings in the marketing classroom. Journal of Education for Business, 90(2), 96-102.
-  Piñeiro-Otero, Teresa and Martínez-Rolán, Xabier. (2016). Understanding digital marketing—basics and actions. Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2016, DOI 10.1007/978-3-319-28281-7_2
-  Armitage, J. (2015). Strategic insights. Marketing Insights, American Marketing Association, ISSN: 1040- 8460. 27(1), 22-23. Susan Konyeha / NIPES Journal of Science and Technology Research 2(3) 2020 pp. 12-20 20
-  González Romo, Z. F., García-Medina, I., and Plaza Romero, N. (2017). Storytelling and social networking as tools for digital and mobile marketing of luxury fashion brands. International Journal of Interactive Mobile Technologies, 11(6), 136-149. doi:10.3991/ijim.v11i6.7511
-  Slade, S. (2016). 4 strategies for effective digital marketing. NZ Business + Management, 30(4), 38.
-  Longo, D. (2016). Why Strategy Must Come First in Digital Marketing. Convenience Store News, 52(5), 57- 60.
-  Tony Youssef. Top 5 Cybersecurity Challenges Digital Marketers Face. [Internet] March 3, 2018. Retrieved online on 28/05/2020 from https://digipromarketers.com/top-5-cybersecurity-challenges-digital-marketersface/
- Lisa Michaels. The Importance of Web Security in Digital Marketing. [Internet]. Retrieved online on 28/05/2020 from: https://brand24.com/blog/the-importance-of-web-security-in-digital-marketing/
- Shivani Saini. 11 Benefits of Digital Marketing over Traditional Marketing. [Online] 2017. Retrieved online on 28/05/2020 from https://technians.com/blog/benefits-digital-marketing-over-traditional-marketing/
- Jerman, D. and Završnik, B. (2012). Model of Marketing Communications Effectiveness in the Business-toBusiness Markets. Ekonomska Istrazivanja. 25. 364-388. 10.1080/1331677X.2012.11517569.
- Mort, G. S., Weerawanda, J. and Carnegie, K. (2003). Social Entrepreneurship: Towards conceptualization. International Journal of Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Marketing, London, Feb.8, 1: 76-88.
- Chong, W. K., Bian, D., and Zhang, N. (2016). E-marketing services and e-marketing performance: The roles of innovation, knowledge complexity and environmental turbulence in influencing the relationship. Journal of Marketing Management, 32(1–2), 149–178.
- Kirtis, A. K., and Karahan, F. (2011). To Be or Not to Be in Social Media Arena as the Most Cost Efficient Marketing Strategy after the Global Recession. 7th International Strategic Management Conference, Procedia Social and Behavioral Sciences 24 (2011) 260–268.
- Brear, D., and Barnes, S. (2008). Assessing the value of online affiliate marketing in the UK financial services industry. International Journal of Electronic Finance. 2. 1-17. 10.1504/IJEF.2008.016881.
- Taiminen, H., and Karjaluoto, H. (2015). The usage of digital marketing channels in SMEs. Journal of Small Business and Enterprise Development. 22. 633-651. 10.1108/JSBED-05-2013-0073.
- Atanassova, I., and Clark, L. (2015). Social media practices in SME marketing activities: A theoretical framework and research agenda. Journal of Customer Behaviour, 14(2), 163–183.